Arai Corsair X Kiyonari Torico Helmet
In true Arai fashion, the Corsair-X Helmet has taken helmet technology and rider protection one step further by engineering a helmet that not only guards against direct impacts, but is specifically designed to minimize the effect of “glancing off” impacts as well. Arai has created a stronger shell and smoother shape that is more likely to redirect impact energy than absorb it (therefore decreasing the amount of force transferred to the body). To increase this potential to glance off impact energy, the VAS (Variable Axis System) side pod, pivot cover is smaller in size and its position on the shell is lower.
The Arai Corsair X Motorcycle Helmet features a chin curtain that helps to block air intrusion from the turbulent air underneath the helmet, as well as increases negative pressure to enhance the exhaust ventilation performance. The interior lining includes Arai’s signature 5mm peel away ear pocket padding and ear pocket recess to accommodate communicator speakers.
VAS Shield System:
Normally the shield mounting position must remain relatively high, because a lower shield pivot will not allow the shield to open or close. The VAS (Variable Axis System) has a variable axis (moving pivot point). This allows shield opening and closing even with the 24mm lower shield mount position, compared to the Corsair V.
VAS Shield Latch System:
VAS shield latch system captures and holds the shield closed more securely to help prevent unexpected opening. In addition to a de-mist position, the larger latch design allows for an intuitive and seamless operation of the shield.
PB SNC2 Shell:
The Corsair X helmet shell is constructed from Super Fiber and other special synthetic fibers developed for F-1 helmet visor panels, assembled and bonded by Arai experts. A specially-developed resin creates stronger bonds between shell materials with less weight.
Diffuser Type 12:
The Corsair X Type 12 air diffusers are longer than the Corsair V and are straightened for improved aerodynamics, working together with the AirWing to improve stability, and creating a 19% gain in efficiency. The air intake vents are extremely adjustable and have three positions (closed, half open and fully open) and create a tight seal to decrease wind noise and water intrusion.
Arai’s Proprietary Liner:
The fully removable interior liner system is made from Arai’s proprietary material, which helps maintain neutral acidity levels close to human skin, as well as a softer liner material and adjustable temple padding to allow for a customized fit.
VAS V MV Shield:
The VAS MAX Vision shield is standard to provide better visibility in all seasons and for all types of riding and comes standard with a clear anti-fog Pinlock insert.
- VAS (Variable Axis System) shield and side pods are exclusive to the Arai Corsair X Helmet
- Dual function lever releases both the side pod and the face shield for quick and simple face shield removal
- VAS shield latch system captures and holds the face shield closed and provides a de-mist position to slightly crack the shield open
- VAS MAX Vision face shield provides excellent visibility in all seasons thanks to the included Pinlock insert
- Neckroll is removable and has additional exhaust channels to remove interior heat
- Cheek pads have the Emergency Release Tab feature
- IC Duct5 forehead vent provides 11% more airflow than the Corsair V, features 3 positions and is overall large and easy to operate with gloves
- PB SNC2 Shell has superb tensile strength due to a variety of carefully-positioned materials and light weight resin
- Arai’s R75 shell shape creates a rounder, smoother helmet to enhance energy and impact dispersion
- Includes clear Pinlock insert
- Snell 2020 and DOT approved.
Arai Helmet Sizing
|2XS||51 – 52|
|XS||53 – 54|
|SM||55 – 56|
|MD||57 – 58|
|LG||59 – 60|
|XL||61 – 62|
|2XL||63 – 64|
|3XL||65 – 66|
Sizing information is provided by the manufacturer and does not guarantee a perfect fit.
How to Measure
- H HEAD
Wrap a cloth measuring tape around your head just above your eyebrows and ears. Pull the tape comfortably snug, read the length, repeat for good measure and use the largest measurement.