Alpinestars Supertech S-M8 Deus Ex Machina LE Helmet
Alpinestars is launching the Limited Edition “Alpinestars X Deus Ex Machina” MX Capsule Collection which includes the S-M8 Helmet and Tech 10 Boots, debuting at the 2019 Monster Energy Cup Supercross race – the biggest MX event of the American off-season.
Designed in collaboration with the iconic Australian custom motorcycle builder and fashion house Deus Ex Machina (the name stands for god of the machine), the Capsule Collection not only brings out the culture of both brands but also showcases the simple authenticity and creative signature styles of racers from all disciplines from days gone by.
The ‘Alpinestars X Deus Ex Machina’ treatment includes a striking black and red design, with red trim and Deus logos on the sides and back. There is also a retro bike design on the top in a nod to Deus Ex Machina’s roots in custom building.
The Alpinestars Supertech S-M8 helmet was built from the ground up to be comfortable and protective while still offering high levels of performance for off-road riding and motocross. The Supertech S-M8 Helmet is constructed of a multi-composite shell and multi-density EPS polymer for for keeping impact energy from reaching your head. Multi-directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) reduces slow glancing rotational impact energy that commonly causes concussions on off-road rides. Emergency release cheek pads along with the “Eject” inflation system allow for emergency removal of the helmet with less stress and movement on the spine.
Four shell sizes spread across the XS-2XL size range help keep a low profile and lightweight helmet that fits well. A micro-adjustable pad fine tunes the helmet tilt so you’ll have the optimum view out of the eye port no matter what your riding style. Specially designed vents flow air into the helmet around your head to improve comfort when things heat up. Fit a hydration system tube into either side of the helmet to stay hydrated on your next enduro or casual ride.
The Alpinestars S-M8 Helmet is packed full or safety and comfort features, perfect for your single track ride or motocross race.
- Lightweight multi-composite combination shell: uni-directional carbon composite with an aramid layer
- Shell layers with an epoxy resin bonding for limited outer shell deflection so that the energy spreads wider and is better absorbed by the EPS liner
- Four shell sizes
- Multi-density EPS polymer liner four section construction that allows for specific densities of polymer to be prepared for different zones around the helmet lining
- Patented A-Head fit system allows the M8 to be tuned exactly to the riders preference with a micro-adjustable pad that is connected to the inner shell
- Patented visor release system ensures the peak detaches from the helmet if subjected to a significant impact while maintaining shell integrity
- Base of the S-M8 has been sculpted for collarbone protection and includes an energy absorbing pad
- MIPS incorporated to reduce rotation motion energy with a low-friction slip layer between the comfort liner and the multi-density polymer energy absorption shell
- Emergency Release System cheek pads
- Designed to allow a helmet eject inflation system to be fitted into the inside crown of the shell (sold separately)
- Wide 26mm chin strap
- Visor designed to direct air flow along with intake and exhaust vents
- Hydration compatible
- Removable and washable Coolmax liner
- DOT and ECE certified
Alpinestars Helmet Sizing
|XS||53 – 54|
|SM||55 – 56|
|MD||57 – 58|
|LG||59 – 60|
|XL||61 – 62|
|2XL||63 – 64|
Sizing information is provided by the manufacturer and does not guarantee a perfect fit.
How to Measure
- H HEAD
Wrap a cloth measuring tape around your head just above your eyebrows and ears. Pull the tape comfortably snug, read the length, repeat for good measure and use the largest measurement.